Design Synergies Architecture P.C. is an architectural, design, & sustainability consulting firm based in Buffalo, New York. Our work is diverse, but our approach is always the same: listen, engage, & consolidate ideas to create a creative, collaborative, and sustainable design solution.
We help our clients to imagine, design, build and manage better buildings.
Copyright 2019 Design Synergies Architecture PC
Project completed while employed by:
1 Newfoundland & Labrador Housing Corporation, St. John’s, Canada
2 BFL Engineers & Architects, St. John’s NL, Canada
3 Architects Four Ltd., Moncton NB, Canada
4 Freelance design/consulting, Vancouver BC & Halifax NS, Canada
- The Kyndall - East Delavan Avenue Infill, Buffalo NY: Architect for proposed mixed-use/affordable multifamily project for R. Kyndall Development. Project includes apartments and ground floor commercial/food service space.
- Adaptive reuse of 19thC Church, Buffalo NY: Design concepts and schematic design for converting small church and attached rectory into loft-style apartments (private developer).
- Shipping Container Infill Housing: Design concepts for modular urban infill housing using shipping containers, single family and multifamily concepts (private developer). Preliminary design studies for sites in Niagara Falls and Buffalo, NY.
- FreeGreen Housing Design Competition, 2009, Buffalo NY: “City House” green urban infill residential project.
- AIA Committee on Design Ideas Competition, 2009: Modern sustainable house to replace the Raymond House, “Listening to the Past, Looking to the Future: A House for Today”.
- AIA Buffalo/Western New York Design Competition, 2009, Buffalo NY: “McKinley House – There’s No Place Like Home” competition – modular house to be built by high school students.
-Townhouse Development, Surrey BC, Canada: Design & site concepts for townhouse projects with rear laneways.
- CMHC/CANMET Multi-Residential Ideas Competition, Moncton NB: Concept for green mid-rise seniors housing project. (3)
- Moncton Youth Residence, Moncton NB: Conversion of 1940’s school into residential treatment facility for youth offenders. (3)
- Newfoundland & Labrador Housing Corporation, St. John’s NL: Development of prototypes for new single- and multi-family low-income housing in Northern and rural communities; prototypes for seniors' accessory units. (1)
- Infill Housing Design Competition, various sites in Toronto, Canada: Design concepts for small footprint infill housing projects in rear laneways; townhouse infill sites; and mixed-use infill sites.
5 Susan Troup Design, Halifax NS, Canada
6 Public Works & Government Services Canada, Halifax, Canada
7 Grand Concourse Authority, St. John’s NL, Canada
8 Cannon Design, Buffalo NY
9 Architectural Resources, Buffalo NY